Comergence Systems run optimally on the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer (with no third-party plugins installed.)
Supported browser versions:
- Google Chrome 67 or above
- Firefox 61 or above
- Safari 11 or above
- Microsoft Edge 16 or above
- Internet Explorer 11 or above (Please note, there are some known issues with using this browser. We suggest moving to an alternative supported browser listed above)
Supported screen resolution: 1024*768 or higher
- Edge: Hints do not work (browser issue, Microsoft is working on it)
- Edge: Drag and Drop of files does not work (browser issue, Microsoft is working on it)
- Internet Explorer: Realm will not function if the security settings for the browser are set to High (disabling Java Scripting.)
- Access Internet Options
- Click the Security Tab
- Click Custom level....
- Scroll down to Scripting
- Active Scripting should be Enabled
- Scripting of Java applets should be Enabled
- Disabled Cookies for all browsers, will not function for Comergence. To enable cookies for each browser, see the following:
1. From the Tools menu, select Internet Options. You see the Internet Options dialog that provides a number of tabs that allow you to set your browser preferences.
2. To enable session cookies, click the Privacy tab.
3. From the Settings section of the tab, click Advanced.
4 .Locate and click the checkbox next to Always allow session cookies
6. Locate the Custom area of the Security tab, and click the Custom Level button.
7 .From the Security Settings dialog that opens, scroll through the options until you see Scripting.
8. Check the radio buttons next to Enable Active Scripting and Scripting of Java applets.
9. Click OK to accept scripting and cookie handling changes and close the Security Settings window.
10. From the Internet Options dialog, click Apply to effect settings then OK to close the dialog.
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Click the Menu icon on the browser toolbar.
3. Select Settings.
4. Click the Show advanced settings… link.
5. Click Content Settings in the Privacy section.
7. Press Done.
2. From the Preferences dialog that opens, select the Security option (padlock icon).
4. Under the Accept Cookies option, check the radio button for Always.
5. Click OK and close the Preferences dialog to apply changes.
2. From the Options dialog that opens, select the Content option (globe icon).
4. Select the Privacy option (padlock icon)
5. Under the Cookies tab, check the Checkbox for Allow sites to set Cookies.
7. Click OK and close the Options dialog to apply changes.
- Internet Explorer: Login Issues, at intervals the cache/cookies will need to cleared as so:
- Select Tools (via the Gear Icon) > Safety > Delete browsing history....
NOTE: You can also access this menu by holding Ctrl + Shift + Delete.
- Make sure to uncheck Preserve Favorites website data and check both Temporary Internet Files and Cookies then click Delete.
- You will get a confirmation at the bottom of the window once it has successfully cleared your cache and cookies.
Once the above yellow and white banner shows, then please restart the browser by closing it out completely and then open again. Proceed back to www.comergence.com to login. If not successful, please contact Comergence Support.
Clearing Cache in Safari:
As implied, this removes all web caches from Safari, and it can not be undone.
Open Safari on the Mac
If you haven’t done so already, choose to show the optional Develop menu by going to Safari menu in the upper left corner, choose Preferences > Advanced > “Show Develop menu in menu bar”, then close out of Preferences
Back at any Safari browser window, pull down the “Develop” menu and choose “Empty Caches”
Wait a few seconds and the Safari web caches will be cleared completely, allowing fresh web content to be pulled from the remote web servers without having any local cache serving for that session